World Health Organization Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2018 World Health Organization Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Health Organization Recruitment
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Adviser – NERICC
Ref No: 1704374
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 12 months
Objectives of the Programme
- The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) has established the National Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Centre (NERICC) as a coordination mechanism to manage the full implementation of the national routine immunization programs.
- This includes strategies and key recommendations towards achieving routine immunization coverage of at least 85% for ALL antigens at all levels.
Description of Duties
- The Technical Adviser (TA) to the Program Manager NERICC shall support the Program Manager (PM) of NERICC in coordinating the design and implementation of the routine immunization revamping roadmap strategies and ensuring that all NERICC objectives are met.
- The TA shall function as a core member of the NERICC team providing technical support in the strategic execution and achievement of NERICC goals and objectives.
The incumbent will work with the immunization stakeholders including development partners and community structures to achieve transformational impact in increasing routine immunization (RI) coverage rates and reduce the burden of unimmunized children.
Under the direct supervision of the PM-NERICC, the incumbent will perform the following specific functions:
- Support in the management of a robust mechanism for evaluation of RI program performance to ensure that program goals are met.
- Represent the PM in discussions or correspondence with NERICC, development partners and other stakeholders on immunization and vaccine delivery systems.
- Support the PM on administrative activities related to SERICC, including closely liaising with other relevant departments and programs in the NPHCDA.
- Work closely with the Deputy Program Managers and other members of NERICC to ensure timely delivery on project activities.
- Develop technical documents and proposals as would be assigned by the PM.
- Ensures alignment of Key Performance Indicators (KPls) to Critical Success Factors (CSFs) working with NERICC team members to ensure that these objectives are realized.
- Attend meetings of the immunization technical working groups and other relevant technical meetings, updating the PM on issues pertaining to routine immunizations, SIAs, vaccine logistics and demand creation.
- Maintain quality interactions with national, state level, and international stakeholders supporting the immunization program.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the PM-NERICC and ED-NPHCDA.
- Essential: Medical degree with advanced public health management related degree from recognized institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in immunization, public health and/or health system strengthening.
- Demonstrable experience working with government and partner agencies at national levels is an asset.
- Extensive experience with large scale health systems strengthening interventions, particularly in the public sector.
- In depth understanding of the Nigerian health system, state health system and routine immunization program.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English language
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively coordinate organizations with good expertise in navigating and strengthening relationships among government and development organizations.
- Significant experience in strategic planning, organizational development, change facilitation and process management in the health sector.
- Strong analytical skills and high-level technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with ability to use these tools to collect and analyze immunization program data.
- Good business-oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Strong managerial, problem solving skills and experience working under demanding work plans and tight budgets.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal relationship skills; experience working with government officials at different levels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th January, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding World Health Organization Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.