United Nations Children’s Fund Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 United Nations Children’s Fund Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
United Nations Children’s Fund Recruitment 2018
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Polio Manager (364 days), (P-4)
Job Number: 511740
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under the supervision of the Chief of C4D and Polio, the incumbent is responsible for leading and coordinating the formulation, planning, design, and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and research plan of the polio communication programme and providing leadership within the Polio Emergency Operations Centre Data Analysis Group. The Data Manager will work closely with the Emergency Operations Centre Communication Group and Situation Analysis Working Groups, UNICEF C4D/Polio Section and Immunization Teams to strengthen areas related to immunization and social data utilization and application with the aim to eradicate polio in Nigeria and strengthen routine immunization.
- Leadership in the preparation of the Polio Communication situation analysis by compiling data, analyzing and evaluating information, and writing chapters of the analysis. Maintains a data bank of social indicators which are relevant to the Polio Communication Programme.
- Collaborate with other Polio partners and data managers to guide and manage the various steps of data collection and management at all levels with the aim to improve and ensure the highest quality of obtained data to inform decisions and strategy formulation.
- Enhance data collection and analysis for sentinel sites in communities identified in high risk areas where communication activities can be more closely monitored and then from which data can be gathered over the course of several IPDs. The data will be analyzed and correlated with communication interventions to demonstrate trends in immunization that can be linked to the social activities.
- Leads the preparation of the monitoring and evaluation documents within the polio communication section. In close collaboration with the Communications specialist (polio communication) identifies and disseminates relevant statistical information/results of the polio communication Situation Analysis to international, national, zonal, state and local levels.
- Participates in the development of the polio data collection work plan and ensures compliance to specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to staff.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Polio data compilation, monitoring, evaluation and research plan. Responsible for leading the integration of Polio activities within the Country Programme Recommendation (CPR) and all related documents.
- Manages databases, well-designed data collection methodologies and research protocol for the Polio Programme (Sentinel Site Survey, rapid assessments, KAP, polling, etc.). Participates in the development and introduction of new approaches and methods in project monitoring and evaluation and data analysis. Serves as a focal point for the introduction of the new M&E Software, including Evaluation Study Summary Sheet and Programme Review Sheet. Organizes and conducts necessary training in this regard.
- Under the direction of the Chief of C4D/Polio, support the development of presentations and analysis of data sets for the communication component of the ERC and Independent Monitoring Board reviews.
- Analyses and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommends corrective action, when necessary, to meet programme/project objectives. Provides technical advice to programme staff, Emergency Operation Centre Situation Analysis Working Group, government officials and other counterparts and coordinates and manages the data-related and evaluative elements of polio communication programme milestone meetings, Expert Review Committee meetings, grant reviews, mid-term reviews, strategy meetings, previews and reviews and annual reviews.
- Advanced university degree in Statistics, biostatistics or Demography along with real time experience in communication/social data management with emphasis in research/data collection methodologies, data analysis, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of GIS software, e.g. Health Mapper, ARC View, EPI-Info, new technology platforms for data collection and analysis; and interactive digital media.
- Eight years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in the development, planning and management of research functions in social/international development programmes, with practical experience in managing data collection, analysis and dissemination processes to specific programmes.
- Working for data management of public health interventions, disease surveillance and operational research groups is an asset. Authorship of published original research/study articles in a peer review journals is a preferable advantage.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second UN language or a local working language of the duty station would be an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towardsgender, cultural and religious differences; challenges prejudice, biases and in tolerance in the workplace; encourages diversity wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards; takes clear ethical stands; keeps promises; immediately addresses untrustworthy or dishonest behavior; resists pressure in decision making from internal and external sources; does not abuse power orauthority.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNICEFâ€Ÿs mission and to the wider UN system; demonstrates the values of UNICEF in daily activities and behaviors; seeks out new challenges, assignments and responsibilities; promotes UNICEFâ€Ÿs cause.
- Communication: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents information with skill and confidence; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience; presents information in a well-structured and logical way.
Working with People:
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Drive for Results:
- Sets high standards for quality of work; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external partners; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd April, 2018.
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish.
- Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding United Nations Children’s Fund Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.