The United Nations Children’s Fund Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 The United Nations Children’s Fund Job Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The United Nations Children’s Fund Job Recruitment
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist, P-4, Talent Group
How Can You Make A Difference
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring communications and advocacy strategies and related initiatives to improve the rights, survival and wellbeing of the most disadvantaged children.
- Develop and manage advocacy and communications strategies, activities and work plans related to UNICEF’s programmatic areas.
- Manage and oversee the execution of digital initiatives as well as monitoring and analysis of digital trends and their impact on UNICEF’s brand.
- Identify new opportunities and innovative practices on the use of multiple media and social and digital platforms.
- Develop and build relationships with key journalists and other influencers and acts as a spokesperson to help put children on the top of the public agenda.
- Develop communication and media materials, including media and public engagement plans.
- Create guidance and tools to implement communications and public advocacy activities and measure their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with colleagues across sections and offices to establish UNICEF’s leadership role in advocacy and communication.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including youth and community advocates and other influencers to advance UNICEF’s mission.Identify, build and maintain partnerships and influence agenda setting for resource mobilization initiatives, including during emergencies.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have the following:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in Communication, Journalism, Public Information, Public Relations, Marketing, Branding and Social Sciences or a directly related field(s);
- A minimum of eight years of progressive, relevant work experience in communication, media, advocacy and/or digital media role, including in international/multicultural settings;
- Experience in humanitarian emergency and conflict settings is desirable.
- Proficiency in English (written & verbal) and working knowledge (intermediate) of another official language of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish);
- Readiness to be assigned to any UNICEF office worldwide, including non-family and emergency duty stations;
- Good understanding of world affairs, current events and development issues;
- Prior knowledge of working for the United Nations or international aid organizations is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- International Professional Staff Members are expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position
Application Deadline 9th January, 2018
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding The United Nations Children’s Fund Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.