Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Fixed Term Contrat
Duration: 6 months
Reports To: Deputy Field Coordinator
Program Duration: 6 Months Renewable
Our action in the Field
- PUI has been present in the region for more than a decade, implementing projects in Chad since 2004 and in Cameroun since 2008. In Cameroon, PUI is implementing a project in response to Boko Haram -related displacement in the Extreme North, and in Adamawa. In early 2016.
- PUI conducted an assessment in Maiduguri which confirmed the critical nature of the humanitarian situation and the need for a rapid intervention in order to address primary needs of people affected by the conflict in this area, especially those who had not received any assistance.
- Community sensitization in terms of health and nutrition through a community health network approach
- Logistics support (storage and cargo transport) for around 30 humanitarian actors intervening from Maiduguri.
- The PUI Nigeria Mission was officially opened in April 2016. Following the findings of the initial assessment, PUI prioritized two objectives:
- Providing food aid to the IDPs and affected host communities in Maiduguri through a cash-based approach .
- Improving accessibility to community-based protection mechanisms and psychosocial support for the most vulnerable HH of the IDP and local populations affected by the crisis.
- Since then, PUI further developed its response in Bolori II area of Maiduguri city with the following main elements:
- Food aid through a cash-based electronic voucher approach
- Pilot livelihood recovery activities focused on fostering income generating activities for crisis affected populations
- Primary Health Care including nutrition services (OTP) through the management of one Primary Health Care Center and 3 mobile clinics (one additional PHC is being currently taken over by PUI who will manage it as of early 2018)
Under the management of the Deputy Field Coordinator Program and the technical supervision of the Medical Coordinator and the Nutrition Advisor, the Nutrition Project Manager is in charge of ensuring the good implementation of PUI Nutrition activities in Maiduguri. The component under the Nutrition PM supervision, part of PUI integrated response to the Bolori II population needs, aims at managing and monitoring a comprehensive Nutrition approach included in PUI Health & Nutrition Program and comprising of:
Community Based Nutrition and Infant and Young Children Feeding (IYCF) awareness raising (through Community Nutrition Mobilizers and Mother Care Groups), identification of acute malnutrition cases and referral to PUI facilities. Treatment of acute malnutrition cases within PUI health facilities (Outpatient Therapeutic Program and Stabilization Center) in direct collaboration (not management) of the Health Facilities Focal Points.
This position will be critical to:
- Foster good practices among the community regarding IYCF to reduce prevalence of Severe Acute Malnutrition and Moderate Acute Malnutrition in the areas of intervention
- Ensure a close follow up of cases identified and referred for treatment
- Ensure that appropriate care is provided to identified cases
- Ensure continuous training of all staff and community volunteers pertaining to PUI nutrition response.
- Ensure a full integration of the nutrition component into the Health & Nutrition approach implemented by PUI
- Ensure close link with other program teams (Food Security, Protection and Community Outreach) as per the integrated response deployed by PUI in Bolori II.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Project planning and implementation: He/She ensures the proper implementation and monitoring of the nutrition activities, with a strong focus on its qualitative aspects.
- Information sharing, assessments and referral system: As per the Integrated Community based approach developed by PUI in the area of intervention, he/she participates to the development and follow up of the internal and external referrals system linked with nutrition activities.
- He/she ensures an in depth analysis of data collected by the nutrition teams, and shares analysis and data with the HPM and other relevant departments.
- Team management and capacity building: He/she supervises the ‘nutrition teams’. He/she supervises capacity building support to the project team as appropriate and training activities on the basis of identified needs.
- He/she suggests modifications in terms of nutrition team structuring and responsibilities’ split. He/she does not manage directly the nutrition teams included in the health facilities but supervises their activities in direct link with each facility focal point and the HPM.
- Capitalization, reporting and development: He/she is responsible for the qualitative production of internal and external activities’ reports. He/she supports the Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs (DFCP) and/or Field Coordinator (FC) and the Grants Officer in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting for donors and PUI HQ.
- He/she contributes to ongoing capitalization efforts regarding program methodologies, lessons learnt and challenges. He/she drafts specific Activity Forms and Standard Operating Procedures as per the mission’s learning strategy in direct link with the MEAL department.
- He/she contributes to the adjustment of current intervention or/and development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
- Representation and coordination: Upon request from his/her supervisors, he/she ensures and coordinates the PUI’s sectorial representation in the area which he/she is responsible for among partners, donors, authorities and other stakeholders and participate to the Ad Hoc relevant meetings. She/he ensures an efficient coordination with the other departments of the base.
- Logistics and Finance: She/he coordinates with the Log and Admin/Finance teams to mobilize effectively the resources allocated to the program supervised, including forecasting any adjustments needed, taking into consideration determined budget and compliance with logistics and administrative procedures.
- He/she is responsible for the activity budget lines of his/her project budget and for following-up on the expenditures while providing monthly budget forecast.
- Safety and Security: He/she contributes to compliance with safety rules within the mission, especially by the program team under his/her management and communicates any security/safety-related information to the base Security Focal Point.
Training and Experiences
- Relevant Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Nutrition, Public Health, Social Work
- Project management
- Needs assessment
- Min.2 years as a manager of humanitarian projects
- Previous experience with Nutrition interventions
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the projects. Demonstrate an integrated approach and attitude through normal work activities and a thorough understanding of community-based protection issues in the country of operation
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership
- Team player: proven management ability and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Sense of diplomacy
- Analytical skills
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to live in a large community
- Ability to work in volatile and secluded contexts Langues parlées
- Languages: English mandatory.
- Knowledge of integrated / multi-sector approach
- Previous experience with database systems
- Experience in elaborating curriculum and conducting trainings
- Software: Pack Office and Google Earth very strong proficiency
- Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission):
- Ability to provide/structure instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive protection information
- High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly
Monthly Gross Income
From 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
- Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Emmanuelle Gracia, Human Resources Officer” for Expatriates at: [email protected]
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.