PATH Nigeria Job Vacancies 2017 | See Application Details
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC) Officer
Tracking Code: 8425
Position Type: Consulting
- PATH is seeking a Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC) Officer, based in Abuja, Nigeria to provide technical support in implementing a behavior change strategy targeting key populations to increase condom usage as part of a Total Market Approach to condom programming in Nigeria for HIV prevention.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Under the leadership of an SBCC Advisor and other team members, develop effective behavior change strategies and tools targeting key populations including branding and market segmentation strategies, social media campaigns, and training materials, counseling tools, job aids, etc., to support demand creation for condoms.
Activities include support for:
- Formative research on end users for the development of the targeted SBCC programming;
- Work with key stakeholders in country to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy and related guidelines and tools that will facilitate the demand creation for condom use.
- Conduct capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of implementing partners and CSOs to implement demand creation programming for condoms among key populations.
- Implement a monitoring and quality assurance plan for program implementation
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions;
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences and 5 – 7 years of experience in implementing social and behavior change communication programs.
- Experience with USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Substantial demonstrated experience in HIV prevention targeted to vulnerable populations
- Substantial experience in social and behavior change communication, community development, and training of civil society organizations on HIV/AIDS programming.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming for HIV prevention.
- Ability to travel 25% of time
PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Successful candidates will be engaged as consultants initially with the likelihood of converting to employee status contingent on successful project funding.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Nigeria to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements.
- Application materials must be submitted in English.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding PATH Nigeria Job Vacancies 2017 | See Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.