Médecins du Monde Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 Médecins du Monde Job Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Médecins du Monde Job Recruitment
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Coordinator Assistant
Location: Maiduguri with some travel to Abuja
Line Manager: General Coordinator
Length of contract: 6 months Possibility for extension: Yes
Starting date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator, and in technical link with all departments coordinators, the General Coordinator Assistant will be responsible for the following Activities:
- Internal and external coordination
- Liaison with authorities on MDM presence in Nigeria
Internal and external coordination:
- Participate to weekly coordination meeting and prepare the minutes to be shared to coordination team and Desk.Compile the sitrep parts from all departments and finalize it with GenCo.
- File and archive documents related to the GC’s responsibilities
- In case of visibility activities (with prior validation of HQ) and on request of GenCo, take the lead in the organization and implementation of such action (pictures, collection of testimonies…) in close collaboration with med and log teams.
- Prepare MDM program reports to be shared externally when needed (ex: authorities such as Minister of Plan…)
- On request of the GenCo, attend non programmatic coordination meetings (ex: INSO, OCHA…)
- Monitor regularly the situation in Borno State and in case of substantial changes, population movement or degradation of the situation reports immediately to the GenCo.
Liaison with authorities on MDM presence in Nigeria:
- Make sure that MDM comply with all government rules linked to INGO, with the support of our lawyer if needed.
- Inform the GenCo of all changes related to the legal framework of INGO working in Nigeria.
- Initiate on time all MDM registration renewal and make sure that needed documents are shared on time (in close collaboration with HQ secretary) to Ministry of Plan.
- Actively liaise with the INGO forum about all administrative impediments faced by INGO.
- Monitor closely the security context (Borno state but also the Lac basin region), alert the Genco / Logco of any changes that could impact MDM activities, and produce monthly analysis (short report).
- Brief staff (including expatriate) or any new external visitor about the national & local context, cultural and social customs.
- Helps to organize and participate to assessments or exploratory missions and evaluations with ad hoc coordination members.
- On request of the GenCo, support and monitor the good implementation of the security pack in all operational sites, highlight any breach and organize training of the team to ensure their adherence to the rules.
- Put in place, update and share with GenCo on a monthly basis a contact list (ONG, authorities, security entities, community leaders, HF staff…) per site (Maiduguri, Mainok, Damboa…).
- Organize and participate with the GenCo to community leaders meetings to understand their needs & problems or to solve local issues where MDM could be involved.
- Travel on regular basis to all operational sites to build strong networks with stakeholders in order to work on MDM acceptance in the area (communication on MDM activities, assess the perception of the organization) and collect information about the security context.
- Participate in the update of the risk analysis matrix, and make propositions of change about the security pack if the context evolves.
- In case of security incident, be involved in the Crisis Management Team.
- Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
- Background in Humanitarian / development
- Good knowledge of Maiduguri and Borno State
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Hausa required, Kanoori an advantage
- Flexibility, problem solving, diplomatic
- Experience dealing with government officials preferred
- Must be pro-active and a self-starter, able to use initiative and propose solutions
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,)
- Ability to prepare info-graphics is desirable
- Team player
- Experience in the humanitarian sector strongly preferred
- Ladies are encourage to apply.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page Curriculum Vitae, three work-related References and one page Cover Letter, in one document – MS Word or PDF explaining how their skills and experience match the job requirements stated above, writing the “Job Title and their Name” in the subject line to: [email protected]
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- If you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Application Deadline 29th December, 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Médecins du Monde Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.