Malaria Consortium Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Malaria Consortium Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Malaria Consortium Recruitment 2018
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Kebbi and Niger
Length of contract: 3 years
Role type: National
Travel involved: Yes
Child safeguarding level: Tbc
Reporting to: Zonal Project Manager/State Delivery Officer
Direct reports: None
- The Supply Chain Specialist will work to ensure that all drugs and commodities received for the GF programme are properly documented, distributed and accounted for as per the signed agreements and in a timely manner.
- The Specialist would liaise very closely with the donors, principal recipients (PR), third party logistics (3PL), State Ministry of Health (SMoH), health facility staff and other stakeholders in quantifications, distribution plans, last mile distribution and management/reporting of all donated drugs and commodities.
- S/he would ensure that all drugs and commodities recompilation data are collected, analysed and available on time.
Scope of work
- Under the supervision of the Zonal Project Manager/State iCCM Delivery Officer, the incumbent is responsible to
- Support the efforts on improving MC supply chain implementing, monitoring and performance measurement
- Coordinate activities of all drugs and commodities procurement for MC in Nigeria in the programme state
- Support the provision of technical assistance to government partners to identify their bottlenecks in collecting, communicating and using data to improve their drug and commodities supply chain system (state, LGAs and health facility and community levels).
Key working relationships
- The Supply Chain Specialist will be a member of the programme implementation team and report to the Zonal Project Manager/State iCCM Delivery Officer and other project staff in delivering programme workplan.
Supply Chain (70%):
- Ensuring that the supply chain team meets the needs of the programmes in a timely manner and does so in accordance with donor requirements, MC policies and procedures
- Responsible for assets and inventory management meeting programme needs, eliminate losses and inform accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure that compliance monitoring processes are developed and effectively implemented
- Work with programme staff to ensure procurement planning and identification of operational support needs
- Ensure proper tracking of master agreements and contracts to ensure availability of up to date and accurate information.
- Verify that supply chain policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied within the state of operation; and updated when needed
- Confirm that storage facilities comply to warehousing standards
- Ensure smooth relationship with Country Office and Supply Chain Managers
- Provide regular feedback to the country Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
Capacity building and Partners support (10%):
- Organise and provide support to SMoH on supply chain management at state, LGA and health facility/community levels to improve commodity recording and reporting
Qualifications and experience
- Very strong background in Supply Chain and Logistics, and field management and coordination
- A first degree in Pharmacy, Logistics Management or similar field
- Experience in managing security in a hostile environment
- Experience managing a medical supply chain.
- 3 years project management experience with proven experience as Operation Office or relevant role.
Work-based skills and competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven writing skills in English
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in developing countries
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Negotiation, Facilitation and coordination skills.
- Demonstrable passion for Malaria Consortium’s mission; a strategic manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and knowledge and use of database tools.
- Delivering results:
- LEVEL B – Takes on pieces of work when required and demonstrates excellent project management skills
- Shows a flexible approach to taking on additional work/ responsibilities when needed to achieve results
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills to agreed timescales (timelines, targets, donor requirements)
- Makes clear and timely decisions within remit of own role.
Analysis and use of information:
- LEVEL B – Uses evidence to support work
- Identifies and uses various sources of evidence and feedback to support outputs
- Uses evidence to evaluate policies, projects and programmes
- Identifies links between events and information identifying trends, issues and risks
- Ensures systems are in place to address organisation needs
Interpersonal and communications:
- LEVEL C – Adapts communications effectively:
- Tailors communication (content, style and medium) to diverse audiences
- Communicates equally effectively at all organisational levels
- Understands other’s underlying needs, concerns and motivations and communicates effectively in sensitive situations
- Resolves intra-team and inter-team conflicts effectively.
Collaboration and partnering:
- LEVEL B – Collaborates effectively across teams:
- Proactive in providing and seeking support from expert colleagues
- Raises difficult issues with teams/ partners and stakeholders with a view to positive resolution
- Proactive in building a rapport with a diverse range of people.
Leading and motivating people:
- LEVEL B – Manages own development and seeks opportunities:
- Actively manages own development and performance positively
- Learns lessons from successes and failures
- Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise.
- LEVEL B – Remains professional under external pressure:
- Able to adapt to changing situations effortlessly
- Remains constructive and positive under stress and able to tolerate difficult situations and environments
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
- Learns from own successes/ mistakes.
Living the values:
- LEVEL C – Supports others to live Malaria Consortium’s values:
- Demonstrates personal integrity by using role position responsibly and fairly
- Cultivates an open culture within the wider team, promoting accountability, responsibility and respect for individual differences
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness:
- LEVEL B – Is aware of others’ activities and vice versa in planning activities:
- Takes account of team members’ and others’ workload when planning
- Maintains awareness of impact on other parts of the organisation, keeping abreast of others’ activities, objectives, commitments and needs
- Has a good understanding of the sector in which Malaria Consortium works.
5,386,500 gross per annum.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th May, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Malaria Consortium Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.