MainOne Cable Nigeria Recruitment 2017 for Manager, Capital Projects
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Capital Projects
Reporting Line: Head, Capital Project
- This function is responsible for the management of all capital projects, ensuring that they meet the quality standards set, are delivered on time, within budget and allocated resources.
- The Manager, Capital Projects will also manage the vendors and partners involved in projects, ensuring all projects are executed to meet the business objectives and strategic intent of Main One.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide project management leadership for Capital Projects, promoting best practice in Project Management and ensuring assigned projects are delivered to agreed specifications, timelines and approved budget
- Manage the implementation of Data Centres and capital projects/programme, ensuring projects are being delivered effectively and most efficiently.
- Analyze potential project risks as well as barriers and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely avoidance/ resolution.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and detailed project management documentations, including milestones and responsibilities share on all Capital Projects.
- Develop processes and work standards required for the implementation of capital projects, and monitor compliance to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all Capital Projects departmental processes, keeping custody of all Departmental Process documents
- Guide the Technical team’s capital expenditure for the company in line with the strategic plan and report on the CAPEX spend on Capital projects, ensuring consideration of financial and technical tradeoffs as well as compliance with all fiscal and regulatory parameters.
- Perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including budget preparation and obtaining necessary approvals for all capital projects.
- Monitor the budget for capital projects; oversee their financial effectiveness by exercising cost control measures, motivating for budget enhancements when required.
- Monitor and administer the relevant contracts and agreements for each project.
- Measure the delivery of the Technical key performance indicators (KPIs) especially as it relates to the capital projects.
- Prepare reports and presentations on all capital projects to the GM and management as required.
- Will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the technical management of the core network including Technical Procurement
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A first degree in Engineering + a Master’s degree in Engineering or Project Management.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certificates required.
- At least 5 years’ experience delivering Data Center projects is a core requirement.
- A minimum of 12 years of work experience, six (6) of which must have been in leading and directing complex projects/programmes.
- Excellent engineering design skills is a requirement for this position while good knowledge of Data Centre design and architecture will be an added advantage.
- Other skills such as planning and organization, budgeting, policy design and development, process improvement, negotiation and strategic planning are also required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding MainOne Cable Nigeria Recruitment 2017 for Manager, Capital Projects, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.