International NGO Safety Organisation Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 International NGO Safety Organisation Job Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International NGO Safety Organisation Job Recruitment
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Safety Advisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The DSA will deputize the Safety Advisors (SA) for most of his/her tasks.
- He/she will be involved in the drafting of high quality safety analytical reports, supporting the delivery of NGO request services and supporting the SA in the management of Field Monitors.
- Provide NGOs with credible information and contextual analysis of the local and regional safety situation.
- Write reports and update other written products on a frequent basis
- Efficiently manage the team of Field Monitors and information provided by them
- Support the SA in the management of the Maiduguri office
- Present briefings and represent INSO in meetings
- Assist in the delivery of other request INSO Services
- Information and Database Management
- Adhere to INSO safety policies and procedures
- Adopt professional conduct and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Journalism, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English
- Excellent research and analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of the North-Eastern Region and Northern Nigeria
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office packages and use of social media
- Nigerian nationality
- Masters/PhD level on any of the above mentioned fields
- Data-entry and database experience
- Fluent conversational level of at least one of the following languages: Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages relevant to North Easter Nigeria
- 2 or more years of work experience with NGOs, including a good understanding of NGO approaches to safety. Previous military/police experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of the Nigerian safety environment and its historical context
- Deep understanding of humanitarian principles
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of engagement
- Staff management experience
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent planner
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions
12-month contract with expected start date of (1st February 2018), 2 paid annual leave days/month accrued, health and life insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following to: [email protected]and ensure to reference ‘INSO – Deputy Safety Advisor- Maiduguri in the subject line of the email.
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 page maximum).
- Up to date CV (5 page maximum).
- One writing sample of analytical previously undertaken
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Application Deadline 10th January, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding International NGO Safety Organisation Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.