Helen Keller International Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Helen Keller International Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Helen Keller International Recruitment 2018
Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports To: Finance Coordinator
- The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance Coordinator and Finance and Operations Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of HKI and ultimately the donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
In collaboration with the Finance Coordinator, carryout the following responsibilities:
- Review bank vouchers and prepare expense pre accounting requests
- Prepare and verify salaries cost allocations and other cost allocations
- Uploading approval from the Procurement/other Finance Team
- Cheques raised and signed by approved signatories.
- Bank voucher preparation
- Cash tracking of incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Petty cash custody & reconciliation
- Accrual statements management
- Prepaid statements management
- QB data entry (Payment & Retirement)
- Review of retirements
- Supplier withholding tax statements
- Supplier withholding tax payments
- Office Tax compliance
- Donor Budget preparation & monitoring
- Donor report preparation & reconciliation
- Preparation and submission of Wired Transfer Request
- Preparation and submission of Month end reporting package
- Preparation and submission of Year end reporting package
- Preparation and submission of IFRS Financial statements
- Preparation & submission of Year end HQ audit
- External audit preparation & follow up
- HKI Budget preparation
- HKI shared cost budget monitoring
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the fie.
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the HKI account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security.
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize HKI’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize HKI’s cash exposure.
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with HKI policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Check and verify the accuracy of bank reconciliations
- Carry out payroll review against staff files
- Carry out payment/activities request review
- Reviews and approves payment
- Ensures the effectiveness of approvals.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash,
- Blank cheque custodycheque preparation
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
- The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, develops and implements HKI financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis using Quick-Book
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to FM for review
- Manages petty cash reconciliation
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Manager for review and approval.
- Assist with month end reporting package
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with Logistics Officer(s).
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into HKI Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field and possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Minimum 4 years’ management experience
- Experience with USAID/DFID funded project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the HKI’s values
- Strong team working orientation with a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organization.
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a non-profit organization will be an advantage;
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of IT including experience of using MS Office
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application along with a suitability statement to: [email protected] Indicate the title of the position and location as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 20th April, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Helen Keller International Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.