Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) – An intergovernmental organization, FAO has 194 Member Nations, two associate members and one member organization, the European Union. Its employees come from various cultural backgrounds and are experts in the multiple fields of activity FAO engages in. FAO’s staff capacity allows it to support improved governance inter alia, generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines and provide targeted governance support as a resource to country and regional level FAO offices. Headquartered in Rome, Italy, FAO is present in over 130 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Post Number: 1073621
CCOG Code: 1.A.02
Grade Level: NO-B
Duration: Fixed Term:One year renewable
- The Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) reports to the FAO Representative in Nigeria with wide leeway for independent action, autonomy and personal initiative, the Assistant FAQ Representative (Programme) is responsible for managing and providing the full range of technical tasks in support of the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation in the areas of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, nutrition and rural development.
- Programme development, coordination and operational assistance based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment.
- Effective and efficient coordination and provision of the technical and operational support of the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
- Liaise and assist government authorities and local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities in the country and with other UN agencies. He/she may represent FAO at inter-agency meetings as required;
- Participate in producing technical, economic and policy studies as required and developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF);
- Participate ni the identification. formolation and preparation of programme and prviect proposals and monitor and review the status of
- Promote the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activibes including development and maintenance of communication fools such aswebsite. press releases and publications etc
- Provide FAO’s information, knowledge and resources to government, civil sociely, the private sector and other location entities on food, nutrition and agriculture situations: and support the implementation of FAO’S regulatory framework (Codex Atimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country;
- Coordinate the collection, consolidation and maintenance of counky data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAOs corporate systems and monitor changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector:
- programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in tine with the work plan and the project document; identify in consistencies and delays and,when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Brief, train and supervise other programme staff and ensures adherence to procedures and wait requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
- He/she may represent FAO at inter-agency meetings as required
- Performs other duties as required.
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- National of the country of assignment
- Advanced University Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Forestry, Fisheries, or any other field related to the work of the Organization
- Minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience in agricuftural development and/or project implementation in an area of FAQ’s activities in the country.
- Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Working knowledgeof any of the local language- Hausa, lgbo and Yoruba. (if not English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of French (if fire main communication language is English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese)
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extentand relevance of experience in programme/project development and management
- Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme, operational guidelines and project/programme management procedums, preferably these adopted by the United Nations or FAO
- Extestand relevance of experience in the field of potidianalyais relating to food and nutrition secutity, agricultureand rural development Extentand relevance of experience in the collection of country data on fond, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries
- Extent and relevance of experience in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals as well as programme/project implementation monitoring and review.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should include detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as copies of all academic and professional certificates.
Candidates applying for this position are further required to apply through the FAO iRecruitment system:
Click here to apply via iRecruitment System
Kindly complete the online “FAO Personal Profile Form” in iRecruitment which can be accessed from any Internet connection. Please scan the completed form and send the same along with your credentials ELECTRONICALLY via e-mail to: [email protected] and should be addressed to:
The FAO Representative in Nigeria,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN),
Abuja – Nigeria.
- Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) shall be granted fxed-term appointments Ibm such periods as the Organization may determine and having an expiration date specified in the letter of appointment or extension, Notwithstanding the foregoing, the total length of service shall not exceed five years. Appointments, including extensions, do not carry any expectation of renewal orof conversion of another type of appointment.
- All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your iRecruitment online profile. We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete includ’esg employment record, academic qualifications and language stalls. Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years.
- Candidates maybe requested to provide performance assessments.
Application Deadline 19th January, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.