Economic Community of West African States Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Economic Community of West African States Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Economic Community of West African States Recruitment 2018
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Effective Electrical Preventive Program in the ECOWAS Commission Building at Asokoro
- The objective of this assignment is to Reduce Electric Fire Hazards to Life and Property that can result from failure or malfunction of electrical components.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confined to substation, switchgear assemblies, main and sub distribution panels and associated power components/ gadgets.
- Also included are power cables, electrical power generating system, motor control centers, ground fault protection system, low and high voltage fuses, rotating equipment, lighting, wiring devices and utilization equipment and associated control, protective and monitoring devices.
The overall duration of the assignment is:
- Two (2) Months and will be carried out by one (1) individual consultant, responding to the profile below:
- The candidate should be an Electrical Engineer
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering sector;
- Must be a Member of Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN);
- Must have 2017/2018 COREN Practicing Certificate.
Experience of the Consultant:
- Must demonstrate a minimum, of ten (10) years working experience in Electrical Engineering sector / Civil- Building Engineering specialized in Electrical sector gained with an international or national organization, a consultancy firm or a government or private body;
- Must demonstrate experience in High, Medium and Low Voltage Engineering.
- The consultant must justify a proven track record for similar assignment (minimum of 2 similar assignments).
- Must be fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in any of the ECOWAS Official Language (English; French or Portuguese).
- A good knowledge of the other official languages will be an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should produce a letter of expression of interest and their Curriculum Vitae, providing clear information on their experience and qualification for the assignment (CV + photocopy of each academic / Professional certificates; references of similar assignment demonstrating that they are qualified; description of their experiences and tasks in similar assignment, availability, and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this assignment etc).
The Expressions of interest (1 Original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked: “Recruitment of an individual consultant for Effective Electrical Preventive Program in the ECOWAS Commission Building at Asokoro, do not open except in presence of the ECOWAS Procurement Committee” to the address below :
The Office of the Commissioner,
General Administration & Conference,
5th Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Application Deadline 26th April, 2018.
- Expressions of Interest shall be submitted in English or French languages.
- That if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individuals.
- The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Selection method: Individual Consultant based on the Consultant’s Qualification).
- Interested Consultants can obtain further information at the email address mentioned below during office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm (GMT + 1), Nigerian time on working days: Email: [email protected] with copy to: [email protected]
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and therefore, will not be considered.
- The request for EOI can also be viewed on: www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Economic Community of West African States Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.