COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale Recruitment 2018
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial Counselor
- The Psychologist will identify psychosocial support needs for the benefit of children victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence in the urban area of Yobe.
- He/she will create and develop adapted PSS and Child Protection activities in line with the priorities determined by COOPI.
- He/she will ensure performance tools are available for local staff, in order to guarantee smooth implementation of the programmes, while taking into consideration the local cultural context.
- He/she will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and follow-up of the PSS and Child Protection activities.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and the Psychology Program Coordinator, he/she:
- Evaluates the risk factors and identifies those in need of longterm PSS support (vulnerable children and their families)
- Put in place assistance programs, taking into consideration the concerns and coping mechanisms of the victims
- Providing technical guidance and support, ensuring best practices on advanced PSS
- Implement and ensure, often in partnership with local stakeholders (NGOs, National Society), proper follow-up of the PSS and Child Protection activities for the benefit of the children and their families victims of armed conflict or other situations of violence
- Ensure that weekly support supervision visits for each PSS centre and structured observationsof PSS and Volunteers happen and write brief report on each visit
- Ensure there is regular review and interaction with community members
- Ensure that records of children/youth and Volunteers attendance are accurately recorded and reported
- Review comments received via the complain mechanism with PSS Volunteers
- Ensure regular communication with the child protection manager for updates on achievements and challenges
- Provide technical advice, counselling, PSS and Child Protection trainings to primary teachers within the education activities according to the project
- Reinforcing and developing local networks (school community committees) and their PSS capacities
- Evaluate continually the patterns of violence, the victims’ situation and the PSS activities.
- Submit survey on children vulnerabilities in the location, analyse collected information, provide a final report and study
- Provide daily guidance on PSS activities to the Animators in locations in accordance with the standard tools and procedures
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills):
- B.Sc. or Master’s degree in Psychology
- Prior experience (at least 2 years) working in complex emergency context on PSS and Child protection-related programming
- Knowledge and significant experience in training and supervision processes
- Good communicator, strong listening capacity, open minded, proactive and creative
- Respectful and inclusive of individual and cultural differences
- Good analysis and problem-solving capability, and effective reporting writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing training materials
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in English
- Extensive knowledge in public mental health, as well as PSS interventions in primary schools
- Capacity to work within a multidisciplinary team, as well as team management
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (max 3 pages), Cover Letter (max 1 page), Minimum three qualified reference contacts to: [email protected] Specifying in the e-mail subject “Psychosocial Counselor”.
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.