American University of Nigeria Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2018 American University of Nigeria Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
American University of Nigeria Recruitment 2018
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2004, as a private, non-profit university. The institution’s core philosophy is entrepreneurship and development. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal challenges. The University offers an American-stvle education, modelled after the curriculum <if American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and student assessment.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below, this position is a local position and opened to Alumni of the American University of Nigeria, indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Vice President of Finance
Department: Executive Admin
- The position is a principal officer of the university, who works closely with the Board of Trustees, President, and other principal officers of the university.
- The Vice President of Finance reports directly to the President and oversees the areas of Financial Operations, Stores, Bursary, Payroll, Budget Office, Purchasing and Procurement, and Retail and Business Services.
- The Vice President of Finance has the following responsibilities, duties, and functions as assigned by the Board of Trustees on the recommendation of the President
- Prepares financiaI reports for the Board
- Works closely with the President and senior management to develop and implement longterm – strategic and financial plans for the University
- Assists departments in the preparation of budgets
- Utilizes ERP systems in financial management; specifically, implementing and managing ERP systems in higher education
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Monitors contracted services and independent auditors
- Creates end maintains banking relationships
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the President
- Supervises staff responsible for all finance operations including the accounts receivable, accounts payabie, administrative services, and bursar
- Oversees the development and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Manages accounting operations and all related policies arid procedures
- Implements systems for financial controls
- Negotiates soil approves lease or purchase contracts in coordination wth the President and Board
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or closely related field required
- ACA or ACCA qualification required
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in fiscal financial management in not for profit positions with significant business end fiscal responsibilities is required
- A demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, investment practices, planning and budget development, debt structures, capital construction, risk management, health and safety issues, security, physical plant, compliance with tax, environmental and related state and federal laws and regulations is desired
Other abilities for the position:
- Confident, selfstarter, team-oriented, and creative thinker
- Experience and comfort in public speaking
- Extraordinary listening skills and the ability to synthesize a variety of information from a wide range of sources
- Ability to take responsibility for a diverse series of projects which requires engaging members of the community who have vastly different viewpoints, while managing successful completions of the projects and successful relationships with the team members
- Successful experience across a wide range of HR functions and activities in a higher education setting
- Knowledge and experience with strategic capital and operating budget planning Proficient with a variety of software applications
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, continuous improvement and the University community
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters, names and contact information for 3 references, copies of professional certifications to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will continue until the position is filled
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding American University of Nigeria Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.