Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2018 Action Against Hunger Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Action Against Hunger Recruitment
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Manager
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- The Field Manager position is based in Dutse, Jigawa and reports to the Country Director.
- The Field Manager is responsible for managing the field office and portfolio, ensuring safety and security of the staff and assets including the management of support team.
The tasks and responsibilities includes:
- Monitor the PCM (Project Cycle Management) as well as implementation of project activities in line with different work plans.
- Develop clear guidelines, working styles and tools to ensure a more effective support to program development and implementation.
- Build relationship with stakeholders at the local level of responsibility and liaise/exchange information to ensure common ACTION AGAINST HUNGER strategic positioning in humanitarian issues.
- Establish performance objectives for team members and provide effective feedback.
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members.
- Brief staff on security and context changes as needed.
- Analyze and submit bi-weekly situation reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of procedures and processes and followed to provide coordinated support for program departments from support departments (log/fin/HR).
- Maintain and update security plans (procedural, SOP, MOSS, health, evacuation) and security network at the field level.
- Monitor the compliance of ACTION AGAINST HUNGER financial, logistics and HR guidelines including donor policies and guidelines.
- Facilitate meetings with support department and project managers on a regular basis to ensure coordination of all crossâ€�over issues.
- Develop effective communications between Field Coordinators, and field level support managers to ensure support department performance remains optimal.
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a degree in accounting, management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus with at least three years of experience with donor funded programs.
- Be able to provide effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote diverse teams and maintain positive working environment to align with work plan and organizational objectives.
- Have the ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Be committed to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER Charter values of: Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
- Have previous management and supervisory experience including management of multiple teams/departments.
- Have exceptional organization and planning skills with experience in supervising and managing a large team.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidate.
- Qualified women and strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 11th January, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.