International NGO Safety Organisation Vacancy for Regional Analyst, Lake Chad Basin Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 International NGO Safety Organisation Vacancy for Regional Analyst, Lake Chad Basin Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International NGO Safety Organisation Vacancy for Regional Analyst, Lake Chad Basin Recruitment
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are seeking an experienced individual to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Analyst, Lake Chad Basin
- Under the management of the Deputy Director, the Regional Analyst will complement regional actors’ existing analytical capacities of the Lake Chas Basin from a political, regional and operational point of view. In particular this includes integrating reporting, analysis, and perspective from Cameroon, Niger and Nigeria programs. The key objective will be to improve NGOs’ strategic decision making on in-country and region-wide humanitarian operations in view of operational needs and access considerations in respect to the highly dynamic and dangerous environment the conflict presents to beneficiaries and humanitarian actors.
- The position will suit experienced safety and security experts who have made a career move in to the humanitarian sector and have a particular interest in the Lake Chad Basin context and/or NGO safety.
- The position will combine analysis and reporting tasks, with research and production of thematic reports on access, regional political issues, and security as per INSO’s, and INSO’s partner’s needs.
- The Regional analyst is functionally and hierarchically under the Deputy Director Support, and under the INSO LCB Director in absence of the latter.
- Establish and maintain an active information source network including amongst NGOs, the UN, military forces and other national and international security actors to obtain and verify credible and relevant security information.
- Write special papers related to threats and challenges affecting NGOs’ safety and field access.
- Assist the regional teams with briefings on cross-border trends and dynamics
- Provide regional contextual briefing to NGOs’ Senior Management
- Provide NGOs with timely and credible security information and contextual analysis of the local and regional security situation.
- Write comprehensive bi-weekly analysis reports on the provincial and regional security context as it relates to NGOs.
- Write, in conjunction with the Deputy Director comprehensive quarterly reports.
- Write in conjunction with the regional teams area assessments and briefings.
- Effectively represent, promote and protect INSOs mandate for independence, impartiality, and neutrality, and actively promote INSO as a key member of the humanitarian community.
- Fluent in English & French (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education (BA/B.Sc/MS/M.Sc) in relevant field.
- A demonstrable understanding of security and political dynamics.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an insecure/post-conflict environment.
- Minimum 1 year’s recent experience in the Lake Chad Basin (in any capacity).
- Proven writing and analytical abilities (sample requested).
- Ability to work with limited supervision in difficult conditions.
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian coordination mechanisms, safety practices and security dynamics.
- Employment history that reflects experience in both security and civilian fields.
- Published research papers on academic journals and/or renowned outlets
- Existing information networks and/or local language skills.
- Formal training qualifications in personal safety (HEAT, K&R, Personal Security, First Aid).
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent analyst
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A people managerTerms & Conditions: 12-month contract with expected start date of 1 February 2018, €4550 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months, global medical coverage, AD&D coverage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send the following Documents belowto: [email protected] and ensure to reference “INSO Regional Analyst – based in Abuja, Nigeria” in the subject line of your email. A failure to reference your mail as indicated above, your application may result to not being processed due to the numerous of incoming mails:
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (4-page maximum).
- One relevant and substantive writing sample in English that demonstrates your analytical and reporting ability (10-page maximum).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Application Deadline 15th January, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding International NGO Safety Organisation Vacancy for Regional Analyst, Lake Chad Basin Recruitment 2017, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.