Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2017 | See Application Details
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. CBM provides grants sourced from private and institutional donors to local partners, who subsequently implement the grants on the basis of contracts signed with CBM detailing implementation, accounting, and reporting standards. In this set-up, CBM Country Offices (CO) perform control and monitoring procedures aimed at partner projects; control reports from implementing partners to C8M, including comparison with original source documents, project contract and cost plans; and ensure compliance with organizational and statutory requirements.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager – CBM Country Office
Location: Abuja, Nigeria; with travels within and outside Nigeria
Contract duration: 2 years
Contract type: Full-time
Contract start: November 2017
The Country Office Finance and Administration Manager (CO-FAM) provides overall leadership, planning and management of the finance and administration functions of the CO. promotes financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial reports, ensure effective resource management, accounting and reporting, and utilization and safeguarding of assets. Specifically, the CO-FAM will:
- Ensure proactive CO compliance with regulations of the government of Nigeria, GEM, and donors;
- Ensure implementing partners fulfill fiduciary, financial, budgetary and audit criteria linked to their sub-grants;
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and virtual teams in the RO & 10 to achieve CBM’s strategic objectives in the country;
- Implement and improve budgetary monitoring systems, reporting and other key financial processes as the organization grows, including financial management software and systems implementation, at both GO and partners levels;
- Collate, analyze and provide accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts to the C0-SMTfor decision making;
- Review and align CO financial and accounting systems, processes, and practices in line with CEM’s global systems for improved efficiency and effectiveness;
- Promote strategies for cost minimization, resource mobilisation, human resources, and system application;
- Build effective collaboration with government regulators, external auditors, banks and suppliers;
Team Supervision & capacity-building:
- Lead staff in the finance and administration department
- Provide technical financial advisory support to CO programme teams
- Ensure all team members are inducted and coached on all relevant policies, regulations and requirements;
- Provide professional financial advice and assistance to COs non-finance personnel regarding standard financial procedures, financial requirements of each project and donor, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and similar obligations;
- Establish and coordinate CO financial, operational and compliance aspects of GEM’s new risk management system;
- Ensure proactive CO compliance with various in-country regulations (NPC, SCUML, EFCC, accounting professional bodies, etc.);
- Ensure regularly updated administrative, procurement, accounting and finance policies and procedures are in place in the Co and are compliant with government, GEM and donor requirements.
- Oversees the CO accounting function by verifying accuracy and completeness of records pertaining to routine accounting;
- Validate payment requests and recommendations of procurement committees for correctness and submits to the Country Representative (CR) for approval;
- Ensure appropriate installation and optimisation of the accounting software’s functional capacity, in coordination with the regional PAM ensuring separation of grants;
- Verify cash and bank reconciliations and submit to the CR for signature at the end of every month;
- Prepares annual financial statements along with quarterly trial balances to inform management decision-making.
- Validate the CO payroll, and ensures tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are done in line with CBM internal regulations and legal requirements in Nigeria;
Sub-grants management (grants application, award contracting and donor compliance):
- Analyse and negotiate contracts with Member Associations (MA)/ donors, partners and other stakeholders ensuring legal compliance;
- Maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants, to track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables. Follow up on partnership agreements systematically to meet all deadlines and deliverables;
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal documentation;
- Assess grant management capacity of CO and make recommendations to CR for appropriate resource-allocation; ensure that resource-implications of new grants are identified;
- Ensure that sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the projects, including agreements, disbursements, and reporting;
- Support program staff in assessing partners financial needs and capacities and ensure that partners receive appropriate capacity-building support in relation to their needs;
- Put in place comprehensive partner monitoring systems and tracking schedules for each project and monitor the delivery and the resolution of outstanding financial management and compliance issues with partners; Ensure monitoring visits, desk audits, and spot checks are conducted to assess country office and partner compliance with applicable donor rules & regulations, and CBM internal policies and procedures.
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary
Professional Profile end Requirements
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or relevant discipline; Master degree is an advantage:
- Active membership in ICAN, ANAN, ACCA CPA or other equivalent bodies;
- Experience managing grants from institutional donors (for example AUSAID, BMZ, OFID, USAID, European Union, etc.);
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (particularly MS Excel) and accounting software (QuickSooks, MS Dynamics NAVISION, SAGE, DAQEASY etc.);
- Experience in full cycle accounting and management accounts;
- A minimum of 15 years of financial management experience in INGO context, including significant experience with budgets and financial forecasts, monitoring and reporting to donors;
- Experience in capacity building on finance topics particularly with partner organizations;
Personal Profile and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English language, including report writing and document synthesis;
- Ability to delegate and work collaboratively in a diverse team environment;
- Intercultural awareness
- Strategic thinking
- Business acumen
- Maturity and personal credibility; Personal integrity
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills;
- Skills in leadership and capacity building
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional referees and salary expectations quoted in Nigerian Naira to “Human Resource Unit” via: [email protected]
- The future job holder adheres to CBM values and commits to CM’ Child Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.
Application Deadline: 29th September, 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2017 | See Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.