Action Health Incorporated (AHI)
Action Health Incorporated (AHI) Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2018 Action Health Incorporated (AHI) Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Action Health Incorporated (AHI) Recruitment
Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to a healthy and productive adulthood. We envision a world where every young person can reach their full potential. We work with young people, community leaders, government agencies, the private sector and other stakeholders to ensure that policies and programmes are emplaced to accomplish this goal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Women Protection and Empowerment Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide basic psychological first aid and support adolescent girls to access social services if needed
- Promote and support girls to practical knowledge and skills acquired.
- Organizing group educational and social activities, and holding regular, individual meetings with mentors.
- Host coordination meetings with community stakeholders, parents etc.
- Working closely with school authorities, teachers and parents to ensure that girls’ stay in school
- Utilize participatory methodology and adult education techniques to assist communities in developing community-driven prevention and response plans.
- Mobilize community to form ‘action groups’ for awareness raising and encourage greater self-reliance among women in the communities.
- In collaboration with case worker ensure that women are engaged in psychosocial activities at the women friendly centres.
- Collect, compile, summarize and submit weekly report on Adolescent girls activities to senior management
- Design and participate in awareness raising activities aimed at promoting changes in attitudes and behaviours regarding gender, gender equality and GBV.
- Identify strategies to promote active community participation in prevention and response interventions designed to address GBV.
- Play a lead role in the formation of community groups for response and prevention activities.
- Work with the Psychosocial Support Counsellors, Case Worker to facilitate Training’s and sensitization to community groups, local partners and Community Based Organizations on GBV issues.
- Perform any other duties to enhance the smooth running of the project.
Planning, Collaboration and Coordination:
- Liaise with community leaders, government agencies, Partners to organize training and capacity building activities.
- Promote women’s active participation in the leadership and decision-making of the community.
- Collaboration with PSS Counselors, Case Worker and community members to conduct safety audits in the camps to identify potential security risks areas and develop strategies to address them.
Reporting and Monitoring:
- Compile and summarize weekly statistics to M&E Officer for monitoring purpose.
- Follow-up on psycho-social support activities and ensure that these activities are conducted appropriately and meet the needs of purpose for which they are intended.
- Follow-up on trainings/sensitizations/meetings conducted to ensure implementation of plans
- Submit weekly narrative reports in a timely manner.
- Communicate all obstacles/Problems to the senior management for further action.
- Ensure that all liquidations are done in a timely manner with relevant supporting documentations.
- Submit all financial request to program Manager in a timely manner for onward submission to either supply chain or finance.
- Candidates should hold, a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, and any other Human Development related field or equivalent of experience.
- Have at least four years’ experience working with girls and/or women and coordinating with social service agencies
- Candidates should have capacity building, facilitation and training experience
- Is able to adapt and work under pressure, possess strong interpersonal and intercultural skills that enable her to work well with a diverse team.
- Be willing to travel to and from project implementation sites regularly.
- Must be fluent in community language, spoken and written English: Fluency in Hausa and Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Be flexible to meet job demands and is a TEAM PLAYER.
- Participated in social groups and have an understanding of group dynamics and processes.
- Have a thorough understanding of gender based violence that affects the lives of women and girls and willingness to increase skills and knowledge to respond to reporting of GBV appropriately
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one page suitability statement and resume in MS word with the position applied for clearly stated in the email subject line addressed via email to: [email protected]
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- AHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AHI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age and marital status
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Action Health Incorporated (AHI) Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.